- Scope of Survey:
- Collection of information about the uses of the products, their existing manufacturers, and end-users.
- Collection of information about Imports / Exports of these products, customs and excise duties, type and size of packing etc.
- Collection of information about local manufacturers of these products, production in the last five years, installed capacity as on today, and new similar projects likely to come up in near future.
- Collection of information about the end users.
- Projecting the demand for the next 5 years in terms of actual production / imports / exports of the current year as base. Projecting the gap in demand and supply for the next five years.
- Survey Methodology:
- In the initial stages Desk Survey is carried out to find out possible uses of the products. Information is collected from the published data of production / capacities / imports / exports etc. Based on the information thus collected, questionnaires / checklists are prepared for the different types of end users, importers, exporters, etc.
- In the second stage field survey is carried out through personal contact with the help of questionnaires / checklists to understand usage patterns and psychology of buying. This gives data about manufacturers, importers, exporters, and the usage pattern etc. Consumer priorities and their buying pattern, source of supply (direct or through shops, dealers) are understood.
- In the third stage, the data collected through desk and field survey is analyzed and a report is prepared incorporating findings, recommendations etc.
- In desk and field survey, different possible uses of the products are covered. For all the products, propose is to cover certain geographical areas and to contact major consumers in that area.
- If at the moment it is not possible to conduct International Market Survey, it can be conducted later.
MARKET SURVEY REPORT
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION / APPLICATIONS
END USER INDUSTRIES
M/s. (company name) P. Ltd., at (location) is diversifying into the manufacture of (product). The capacity of manufacturing plant is envisaged at (number) pieces.
The present Market Survey is carried out by Mr. (name) of (location), who has done similar surveys for a number of companies.
- Purpose of this report is to provide the following data:
- i) The present and future demand for the product proposed.
- ii) General Description of the proposed products.
- iii) To estimate the status of use of similar items.
- iv) Likely Demand and Supply gap in future.
- v) Export Potential.
APPLICATIONS : The proposed products are basically used in the following industries. Different end user industries is as follows:
The detailed survey of each sector is given in the next chapter.
END USER INDUSTRIES
The requirement of THE PRODUCT for different sectors for today and in (future year) is given below:
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
|Total Possible Requirement|| || |
This is the total likely requirements of most of the important sectors. However, it is estimated that only 30 % of this will replace the product when these new type of efficient product is available. Hence the demand for these product will be around (number) per today and (number) in (future year)
In this case the likely demand from Private sector is only considered. Selling it to Public Sector like, Railways, Defense, P & T will taken up later, where large potential exists, which is estimated to be around (number)
The same equipment is sold abroad many times costlier. Hence, since the quality will be international standard, it can be exported and it is estimated that NUMBER of pieces can be sold abroad.
No other company has given any indication about setting up a new unit for similar type. Looking at the fast growth of our country, and with the easy and local availability of the products, more and more industries are likely to use these and hence the demand can be higher. Hence demand exists for setting up a unit for (number) per year.